Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WET BLANKETS & BUCKET OF ICE

So Far 3 Wet Ones

To be honest, 2 wet blankets and a bucket of ice!

Wet Blanket One:
My husband bursted through the roof on the amount of money needed to work with the publishing house. Cited all my past projects being failures coupled with loss of income. Talk about giving me a chance to pull this through! When asked for another solution or advise, non was given...Roadblock!

Blanket No. 2
This was handled pretty diplomatically. My godmother asked around and found out that it would be quite impossible to sell to hospitals because they would rather have free copies to hand out. Then she told me about another aunt's failure in selling her tape recordings of her singing. Loss of money...Its not just about the money. Its about accomplishing something that has been given the green light to publish. Its about sharing my stories to help others.

Bucket of Ice:
My mother is upset with my book, talk about discouragement. She called it shit stuff then through my sister, she explained that she was worried that my family and I would be defamed, what so nice about talking of such a shameful thing...but that's the whole idea, who wants to read about good stuff, its the bad and ugly truth that can result in good and if it can help others get better, WHY NOT?

However, I have received more than 10 responses to NOT GIVE UP and have even secured a sponsor!

I REST MY CASE!
Thanks Google Image for the pictures!

No comments: